Are you a teacher interested in bringing your students to Landsdale Farm School?
Landsdale Farm School is a unique model demonstration farm with a wide range of educational options for your students. Opportunities exist in all of the Learning Areas in the Australian Curriculum and across many levels of learning.
Teachers who intend bringing their class to Landsdale Farm School need to complete a Professional Learning Course prior to their visit.
During the course of the day, they will be assisted and guided in the preparation of an excursion plan with a comprehensive and appropriate set of activities, linked to the Australian Curriculum, for their class.
The Professional Learning program includes:
- Information about the farm including the history of its development, ethos, facts and available facilities.
- A tour of the herb, vegetable and sensory gardens, accommodation facilities and animal centres.
- Familiarization with the extensive materials and activities available in the resource centre.
Guidance with the preparation of a schedule for their planned excursion to the farm including:
- Suggested activities with links to the Australian Curriculum
- Horticultural and animal information and focus questions
- Animal interaction guidelines
- Suggested student grouping and supervision requirements
- Evacuation procedures and a copy of the Landsdale Farm School Emergency Plan and contact numbers
Before visiting please consider the following:
School visits are teacher planned and supervised. Whilst assisting with the initial planning in a friendly and helpful manner, the professional learning course has been developed to help you get the most out of your visit.
We require that teachers leading school groups have attended this course within the last three years so they are familiar with new developments at the farm.
We are able to run courses approximately every fortnight. Check the calendar page for Teacher in Service dates. The course is a full day, and the cost is $20 per participant.
To arrange a course, please book online.
Teachers are requested to send a copy of their excursion program and timetable prior to visit so as to ensure the smooth running of their daily program.
$4 per person (includes children and staff).
Landsdale Farm School is a Department of Education (Western Australia) facility and as such general insurance applies. Personal Accident Insurance for students is your school responsibility. The Department of Education also carries Public Liability Insurance.
Duty of Care
Duty of Care is the responsibility of the organising teacher. Please plan to provide adequate supervision for your students. Because of the nature of the property it is better to have small groups each with a supervising adult.
The farm offers a myriad of learning opportunities including:
- Exploring the herb and sensory gardens
- Visiting our crop rotation beds and vegetable gardens to see vegetables in all stages of their life cycle
- Going on a gnome trail throughout the gardens
- Learning about culinary, medicinal, cosmetic, household and insecticidal herbs and their uses
- Visiting the resource centre with its wealth of informative materials, displays, farm related resources and 'hands on' activities to educate and stimulate sensory awareness, language development and knowledge
- Exploring the animal centres and getting 'up close and personal' with our friendly animals
- Listening to the informative animal talk in the barn (10am)
- Tasting some delicious homemade damper cooked on the open fire as you drink piping hot billy tea (10.30am)
- Going on an exciting cart ride on the farm trail (11am)
Please ask our staff about other activities that may be available including:
- Feeding animals
- Grooming and petting
- Collecting eggs
- Working in the garden
- General farm jobs
Arranging a Visit
Please book online and you will be contacted by the farm Registrar with confirmation of your booking.